It’s a good job Betsy my chocolate Labrador puppy is so pretty.
1. Counting poos and wees and pre-empting the next one is my new main pre-occupation
2. There is no point in ever being house proud again
3. Anything is fair game for chewing from peeling plaster on the walls to metal chair legs
4. My pockets will forever more be full of puppy training treat crumbs
6. Expect clothes, watch, shoelaces and hair to get a good chew at all times and face to get a good licking (but at least whilst licking is taking place no chewing is underway, PHEW! relax for 30 seconds)
7. I’m not sure if there’s any point in ever wearing nice clothes again
8. It’s only me that minds standing around in the cold rain waiting for some toilet action, the feeling is definitely not mutual for my new canine bestie who doesn’t let a spot of rain get in the way of a good roll around in a flower bed or two
9. One phone wire, socket or electric cable - ALWAYS way more fun than 10 squeaky dog toys or tasty chews
10. Betsy should win an Oscar for acting like butter won’t melt in her mouth whilst at the vets (not even blinking when having her vaccination), when visitors come round making them think she’s adorable and soppy, then going into a manic frenzied attempt to destroy the house once no one else is looking
Will having children be this hard or harder, I wonder…?